Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chesscube C3. . . My Quest to the top

I should be dreaming writing this blog. But then again, its a freeworld nwei. Even though I am already retired from active chess play, I still hope of improving my chess and raise it to a level to allow me to pit against the best in town. You know what they say, once a chessplayer , always be a chess player.

Thank God, for internet chess, I can begin my quest again. My free time now involves rubbing elbows with chess players around the world thru CHESSCUBE. It allows you to play chess among chess afficionados around the world anytime and anywhere thru the internet.

ChessCube is an online chess service with over 600,000 registered users. The Internet initiative began in Cape Town South Africa in mid-2007 and has expanded to an international operation. According to their press release, North American and Indian players are the largest among 200 countries served by ChessCube’s US-based servers.

The interface has improved since they started, their chat consoles are user friendly that it is a good way to burn time. One thing though, Haven't really met any masters around, it would be very much exciting to take a shot at IMs and GMs , hope i can meet one soon. But I have a couple of good friends who are tough to make you earn every rating point you gain and could very much give you a good beating should you drowse off. One of them is my good friend,Obientag who is very good chess player himself.

With my current rating of 1957, I hope to reach the 2000 barrier by end of the month. Im crossing my fingers and i hope i can make it :) Should you want to take a look at the site, ey its free at www.chesscube.com

No comments: